Fares (Effective September 1, 2013)
| ||Fixed Route (regular bus service)||C-Van (Paratransit)|
|C-Zone||All-Zone||Express To Portland*||C-Zone||All-Zone|
|Cash||Adult & Reduced||$1.70||$2.50||$3.60||$1.70||$2.50 |
|Youth, Honored, Medicare Card Holders||$0.85 with ID Card||$1.25 with ID Card||$3.60||$1.70||$2.50|
|Ticket Books||Adult & Reduced||$17.00 per book||—||$36.00||$17.00 per book||—|
|Youth, Honored, Medicare Card Holders||$8.50 per 10 ticket book with ID Card||—||$36.00||$17.00 per book ||—|
|Monthly Passes||Adult||$60.00||$100.00||$119.00||$54.00 ||—|
|Honored & Youth||$30.00 with ID Card||$34.00 |
with ID Card
|Reduced||$30.00 with ID Card||—||$119.00||$54.00 ||—|
* C-TRAN Express routes that travel to downtown Portland
- Express fares required for travel to downtown Portland. Travel within Clark County only requires a C-Zone fare.
- Express fare exception: Honored passengers (Seniors and those with disabilities), and Medicare card holders can save 50% off Express cash fares by riding the #105 from 9 AM–3 PM, weekdays ONLY. Must have a valid C-TRAN or TriMet ID, state issued ID showing proof of age, or a Medicare card to qualify for this special rate.
- Transfers issued for All-Zone and Express cash fares upon request.
- Children six and under ride free but must be accompanied by a fare paying passenger.
- There is no discounted cash fare for Low-Income/Reduced category.
- Exact cash fare please—operators carry no change.
Medicare Card Holders: Medicare members may purchase and use discounted fares by showing their Medicare card at the time of purchase or when boarding.
Where to Buy
Cash fares and Day passes can be purchased directly from your operator at the time of boarding. Please place exact fare directly into the farebox; operators are unable to provide change.
Monthly passes go on sale around the 22th of each month. C-TRAN passes and tickets may be purchased at these convenient pass sales outlets:
- All Clark County Safeway locations
- All Clark County Fred Meyer locations
- Vancouver Mall Transit Center—Passenger Service Office (North lot)
- Fisher's Landing Transit Center—Passenger Service Office
- TriMet Customer Service Office—Pioneer Courthouse Square, Portland (503) 238-7433
(Express monthly passes only)
C-TRAN Personal Check Policy
When purchasing passes or books of tickets with a personal check, C-TRAN requires the following:
- Check must be payable to C-TRAN;
- Written for amount of purchase only;
- Preprinted with your name and address;
- Accompanied with a current state identification card or driver's license. Address and name on check and ID must match.
Failure to comply may mean denial of your purchase. C-TRAN also accepts Visa and MasterCard payments.
Discounted Fare ID Cards
Honored, Youth, and Reduced/Low Income
Riders who qualify must obtain a C-TRAN identification card to pay a discounted fare using cash, tickets or passes. C-TRAN ID cards are available only at C-TRAN Passenger Service offices. They are non-transferrable and use of a C-TRAN ID card by someone other than the card holder is punishable under state law. Violators will be prosecuted. Riders who do not possess a valid C-TRAN or TriMet ID card are required to pay the regular Adult cash fare or purchase an Adult monthly pass.
C-TRAN is not responsible for lost or stolen ID cards. A lost or stolen card may be replaced for $5/paper ID card, $10/photo ID card, $7/damaged photo ID card and may require the rider to requalify. For more information, contact C-TRAN Passenger Service at (360) 695-0123 or visit in person .
Discounted Fares Eligibility: Youth, Reduced/Low Income, Honored, and Medicare Card Holders
- Children age six and under ride free when accompanied by a fare paying passenger.
- Youth 7–18 years of age are eligible for a discounted fare. Proof of age required for students in grades 9-12 or youth ages 15 through 18 years.
- Reduced/Low income discounted fare - please call (360) 695-0123 for a complete list of qualifications for this discount. Discount on monthly pass only. No cash fare discount.
- Honored/Senior 65 years and over are eligible for a discounted fare. May be asked to show a valid C-TRAN or TriMet ID card, Medicare card, or government issued ID showing proof of age.
- Honored/Disabled citizens with a valid C-TRAN or TriMet ID card, or Medicare card may purchase and use discounted fares.
- Honored/Medicare participants may purchase and use discounted fares by showing their medicare card at the time of purchase or boarding.
Other Special Fares
- Transfers are issued upon request to all passengers paying an All-Zone or Express cash fare, and may be used on connecting routes up to one hour on weekdays and two hours on weekends.
- BackPASS—Students, staff and faculty of WSU Vancouver and Clark College are eligible for a BackPASS, allowing unlimited access to C-TRAN Local and Limited bus service (not valid on Express or C-VAN services). Participation is not available to individuals. (Prices vary.)
Note: C-VAN passengers with a BackPASS sticker may receive a discount on their monthly C-VAN pass when they present it at any C-TRAN Passenger Service Office sales window.
- Honored Citizens (Seniors, Medicare participants, and those with disabilities) may ride the #105 I-5 Express and to downtown Portland at 50% off the regular Express cash fare between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., weekdays only. May be asked for a valid C-TRAN or TriMet ID card, Medicare card, or other proof of age or disability. See "Discounted Fares Eligibility" for more information.
- Annual Pass Program—Get 12 months of service for the price of 11 when you purchase any one of our monthly passes on an annual basis.
- Annual Express Pass or Annual ComPASS are employer-sponsored pass programs for Clark County commuters. Provides employees with hassle-free access to transit, all year long.
- Event Shuttle Tickets - Avoid lines and save time! Purchase your event shuttle tickets before you go. Passengers who purchase these tickets prior to using a C-TRAN event shuttle should experience shorter lines and faster boarding times by removing the need for exact change at the farebox (C-TRAN operators do not provide change). Event shuttle tickes are:
- $2 each and are available for purchase at C-TRAN's Fisher's Landing and Van Mall Passenger Service offices;
- Valid for round-trip travel on C-TRAN event shuttles only;
- Not valid on any other service.