C-TRAN offers individuals several different day and monthly pass options, as well as single-ride ticket books which can all be purchased at these convenient pass sales outlets:
- Vancouver Mall—C-TRAN Passenger Service Office (North lot)
- Fisher's Landing Transit Center—Passenger Service Office
- All Clark County Safeway Locations
- TriMet Customer Service Office (Express passes only) —Pioneer Courthouse Square, Portland (503) 238-7433
- All Clark County Fred Meyer locations
Note: Monthly passes go on sale around the 20th of each month.
C-TRAN also offers special transit programs to companies who want to provide transit benefits for their employees who commute. Those options are explained a little further down this page.
Pass-By-Mail is a C-TRAN service where customers purchase monthly passes and ticket books by mail each month. Customers must send their order form and payment to C-TRAN by the 10th of each month for processing to ensure the pass is received in time for use the upcoming month. Ticket books may be ordered at any time because tickets are same-as-cash and can be used at any time. To obtain a Pass-By-Mail order form, download a PDF or call Passenger Service at (360) 695-0123.
Summer Blast Pass is a discounted youth pass for riders 7–18 years of age that is valid for unlimited travel within C-TRAN's C-Zone during June, July and August. Service includes all Local and Limited routes, routes 105, 157 and 190 (within C-Zone only), and Connector service. Summer Blast Pass is not valid on C-TRAN's Express service to Portland or on TriMet buses, MAX or the Portland Streetcar. The pass price offers a significant discount for all three months of service, and is prorated when purchased for July and/or August only. Identification showing proof of age is required between the ages of 15–18 to purchase or use Summer Blast Pass. For more information, please contact Passenger Service at (360) 695-0123 or visit a Passenger Service Office in person.
Express Passes: Express yourself and GO! Travel anywhere, anytime service is available using C-TRAN’s Express Pass; available daily, monthly or annually. A special employer program is also available (read further for details)!
Express Tickets - Purchase convenience with a book of 10 tickets. Each ticket provides one-way travel on all C-TRAN services, including Express buses to downtown Portland, as well as TriMet buses and MAX.
- Use on MAX: when starting your trip on MAX using an unvalidated C-TRAN Express ticket, be sure to insert your ticket in the validating machine located on the MAX platform prior to boarding.
- Use on TriMet Bus: when starting your trip on a TriMet bus using an unvalidated C-TRAN Express ticket, give it to the driver who will exchange it for an All Zone transfer which is not valid for continued travel on C-TRAN Express routes. In this instance, a C-TRAN Express GoAnywhere Day pass is the best fare option.
Express Day Pass - C-TRAN’s GoAnywhere Day Pass offers unlimited travel on all C-TRAN and TriMet services, and also includes the Portland Streetcar. The pass is valid for one full service day and can be purchased from any Coach Operator, or Passenger Service Office location.
Express Monthly Pass - Purchase the monthly Express Pass at any C-TRAN or Clark County location and receive all premium services listed under the annual option.
Express Annual Pass - Purchase the annual Express Pass and receive 12 months of premium service for the price of eleven. The pass allows full access to all C-TRAN bus routes including Express buses to downtown Portland & Connector, TriMet buses & MAX, and the Portland Streetcar. Each month, you will receive one Express pass conveniently through the mail.
C-TRAN's Annual Express Pass Program
Express yourself and GO!
C-TRAN's annual Express Pass transit sticker program is available to employees of participating companies. Instead of a monthly pass, this program provides a convenient sticker that adheres to the front of an employee's photo ID badge—instantly transforming the ID badge into a handy annual pass! The pass is valid for an entire year, from September 1 through August 31 of the following year, and offers these incentives:
Convenience. Because it's an annual sticker that adheres to the employee's ID badge, there's no need to make a monthly purchase or fuss with a fare everyday.
Flexibility. Employers do NOT have to purchase the Express Pass for all employees; only those who will use it.
Choice. Employers can decide how much of the pass they're willing to subsidize for their employees; all, none, or somewhere in-between. Plus, you can choose to pay in quarterly installments. Employers that begin participation mid-year will be pro-rated.
Tax benefits. As a providing employer, you may be eligible for important tax incentives such as the Oregon Business Energy Tax Credit (BETC) available through the Oregon Department of Energy. Additional savings are available to both you and your employees when passes are paid for using pre-tax dollars. This can be set-up through one of these known service providers: WageWorks, Commuter Check and Tranben, Ltd. Please ask your tax advisor for more information.
How to Participate If you are your company's Transit Coordinator or another appropriate representative and would like more information, please click on the following links:
- Program Requirements (for your files)
- Contract Agreement (PDF - print, sign and mail two copies to C-TRAN with your Order Form)
- Order Form (PDF - print and mail with both copies of your signed Contract Agreements)
Please send to:
- C-TRAN Express Pass
P.O. Box 2529
Vancouver, WA 98668-2529
Attn: Ron Baird, Accounting; or
- FAX: 360-906-7345; or
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To speak with someone directly about our Express Pass program, please contact C-TRAN at (360) 696-4494.
C-TRAN's NEW annual C-Zone transit sticker program gives your employees an easy way to commute while reducing your company's carbon footprint. Available only for employees of participating companies, ComPASS provides 12 months of bus transportation for the price of 11; offered as a convenient sticker that adheres to the front of the employer issued photo ID card.
ComPASS is valid for C-Zone travel only from September 1 through August 31 of the following year, and offers these incentives:
- Convenience: Because it's an annual sticker that adheres to the front of an employer issued photo ID badge, there's no need to make a monthly purchase or fuss with a fare every day.
- Flexibility: Employers do NOT have to purchase ComPASS for all employees; only those who will use it.
- Choice: Employers can decide how much of the pass they're willing to subsidize for their employees; all, none, or somewhere in-between. Participation that begins after the start of the contract year will be prorated.
- Tax Benefits: As a providing employer, you and your employees may be eligible for important tax incentives and savings. Please contact your tax advisor for more information.
The annual price per sticker is equal to the cost of a monthly C-Zone pass multiplied by 11 but is valid for 12 months of unlimited C-Zone travel. Employers who purchase stickers after September 16 will receive a prorated price for the remaining contract year for each sticker purchased.
How to Participate
If you are your company's Transit Coordinator or another appropriate representative and would like to start offering your employees ComPASS as a transit benefit, the contract and program requirements are now available.
Please send signed contracts to:
- C-TRAN ComPASS Program
PO Box 2529 Vancouver, WA 98668
Attn: Ron Baird, Accounting; or
- FAX: (360) 906-7345 Attn. Ron Baird, Accounting; or
- Email: email@example.com
Once we receive your completed contract and order form, we'll process and deliver a fully-executed copy of the contract agreement, along with the requested number of stickers to your worksite. Stickers must be adhered to the front of an employer issued photo ID badge (driver's license or other form of ID is not accepted).
To speak with someone directly about the program, please call 360-696-4494.