Bad Weather Happens—Know Before You Go!
During bad weather, these routes may detour:
- 2 Lincoln
- 6 Fruit Valley/Grand
- 9 Felida
- 19 Salmon Creek
- 32 Evergreen/Andresen
- 32 Hazel Dell
- 47 Battle Ground Limited
Any C-TRAN route is subject to service suspension or delay based on road conditions. Passengers are encouraged to plan ahead, know their options, and keep updated so they have the very latest travel information. For details on how adverse weather may affect your route, please visit www.c-tran.com, or pick up a Snow & Ice brochure on board your bus.
Play It Safe
Your safety is important. Please plan ahead and remember these safety tips for staying warm and visible this winter:story continued on fold
- Wear extra-warm clothing;
- Wear or carry something reflective so your driver can see you;
- Stay on the curb. Buses may slide before coming to a complete stop;
- SafeStop—when safety allows, passengers can request a stop anywhere along their route.
There are several ways to stay informed about C-TRAN service:
- Log On Visit our Website at www.c-tran.com for up-to-the-minute service information, or click the FlashAlert link on our home page.
- Sign Up Sign up to receive email and text alerts through our free notification service, available at www.c-tran.com.
- Follow Us Join us on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest information.
- Get Real Don’t be left out in the cold! NextRide gives you real-time bus arrival information directly through your phone. Simply call (360) 695-0123 and enter your stop ID number when prompted. Please note this service may be unavailable for portions of routes on snow detour and in downtown Portland.
- Tune In Tune in to your local radio or television station for weather and emergency updates. For further assistance, please contact C-TRAN’s Passenger Service Office at (360) 695-0123.
- TriMet Updates For TriMet service information, please call (503) 238-RIDE (7433) or visit www.trimet.org to sign up for free email/text alert notifications.
Catch The Vine: System Opens January 8, 2017!
It’s official! The Vine will begin service on Sunday, January 8, 2017. The announcement was made during the C-TRAN Board of Directors’ October 11 meeting.
C-TRAN will celebrate the first bus rapid transit system in the Portland-Vancouver region with a grand opening event on Saturday, January 7. The community gathering will include food, giveaways, family-friendly games and other activities. More details about the event will be announced soon.
The Vine replaces Route 4, between downtown Vancouver and the Vancouver Mall. The new system uses articulated buses, raised boarding platforms, new traffic signal technology and other amenities that combine to form a system that’s more efficient and reliable than regular bus service.
Opening The Vine culminates a five-year process that began with planning and analysis in 2011. The concept evolved as residents, businesses and other community members weighed in. Construction kicked off with a ground-breaking ceremony at Turtle Place in August 2015. For now, work continues along the corridor and at the new Vancouver Mall Transit Center, but will wind down before the end of 2016.
For updates on construction and grand opening festivities, please visit www.CatchTheVine.com!
Holidays and Reduced Service Days
Holiday Service: C-TRAN will follow regular Sunday bus schedules and office hours on Christmas Day (December 25) and New Year’s Day (January 1).
Reduced Service Day: Monday, December 26
On the Monday after Christmas, C-TRAN provides the following service and hours:
C-TRAN provides the following service and hours:
- Local routes, including Connector, operate on normal weekday schedules.
- Routes 157 and 177 are canceled for the day.
- Routes 65, 105, 134, 164, 190 and 199 operate on reduced schedules (download schedule below).